Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Living with congenital heart disease means you often face unique health challenges. The Adult Congenital Heart Disease program offers comprehensive care to enhance your quality of life. For appointments, call 503 494-1775.
Specialized heart care
Congenital heart disease is the most common birth defect in the U.S., but due to major advances in medical and surgical care, more than 90% of these patients are surviving into adulthood. There are over 1 million adults in the U.S. with congenital heart disease, but many are not keeping up with routine, follow-up care. OHSU's Adult Congenital Heart Disease program offers many specialty services, including:
- Adolescent and adult transition program
- High risk pregnancy and heart disease care
- Comprehensive cardiology clinic
- Heart failure treatment
- Heart rhythm procedures such as electrophysiology, pacemaker and ablation for complete arrhythmias
- Noninvasive imaging, including MRI and CT scans
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Cardiac transplant evaluations
- Cardiac catheterization and interventional procedures
- Comprehensive surgical repair
Meet our adult congenital heart disease team
It's important to regularly meet with a cardiologist who understands congenital heart defects to help you deal with any health issues as soon as they arise. Our experts will work with you to help you manage the health risks associated with congenital heart disease.