The Family Medicine Experience
A visit to OHSU Family Medicine is the start of a personal relationship that will last a lifetime. We make a special effort to understand our patients' health histories, their family responsibilities and the things that are important in their lives. We respect our patients' beliefs, values and cultural needs. With us, the whole family gets the care they need; we treat babies, children, adolescents, adults (including moms-to-be) and seniors.
We work as a team, so that you and your family will be able to receive care even when your primary care provider is unavailable. Your personal team may include physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, medical assistants, and administrative staff. You and your healthcare team will work together to come up with a plan that makes sense to you, and considers your unique needs and goals. Although your personal provider will care for you most of the time, you will also get to know other members of your health care team.
Patient-Centered Primary Care
OHSU Family Medicine Clinics are all Certified Patient-Centered Primary Care Homes. That means we have been recognized for the quality of our work, and our commitment to making sure your care is all about you.As a Patient-Centered Primary Care Home, we will:
- Put you at the center of your plan
- Respect your unique needs, culture, values, and preferences
- Work as a team of providers, medical assistants, and care coordinators to get you the services you need, when you need them
- Think of the whole picture when it comes to your wellbeing
- Offer after-hours help and alternatives to the Emergency Room
We cherish the opportunity to help our families grow. From the moment you make this important decision, to your first pregnancy test, through your baby's first steps and beyond, we've got you and your family covered. We are always accepting new maternity patients. Learn more about our maternity care services here.
Behavioral health is the connection between your body, mind, and lifestyle that makes up your total well being.We work with you, your family, and your primary care provider to help you achieve your health goals.
- Integrative medicine (acupuncture, nutrition counseling and support groups for chronic pain management, mind/body wellness and stress management).
- Sports Medicine (fitness evaluations, consultations and injury care)
- Travel Medicine Clinic (immunizations, travel health information and education)
- Aviation Medicine Services
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Same-day access
- Access to a doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week
More Than a Clinic
We love our community
We believe everyone in our community deserves to be healthy, whether they come to our clinic or not. We can be spotted in our local community at health fairs, screenings, and more. We even open up a flu vaccine clinic in the fall, to make it easy for everyone to arm themselves against disease through the winter.
We train the next generation
OHSU Family Medicine is home to one of the top three residency programs in the country. Our faculty and residents are among the best in the world at what they do. They are highly skilled, curious, and most importantly, passionate about their work.
We change the world
Millions of dollars of grant awards allow the OHSU Family Medicine research team to study primary care improvement, chronic disease, healthcare policy, and more. Our patients, and all of our communities benefit directly from the hard work of OHSU Family Medicine's researchers.
Would you like to applaud our employees?
If you would like to recognize one or more of our employees for a job well done, you can complete our Applause Card Form here.