2018 OHSU Medical Student Fellowship in Otolaryngology and Auditory/Vestibular NeuroscienceA Leading Scholarship Available for United States Medical Students Intending a Career in Otolaryngology
Established in 2010, the OHSU Medical Student Fellowship in Otolaryngology and Auditory/Vestibular Neuroscience supports a 10-week period of research in otolaryngology and auditory/vestibular neuroscience at Oregon Health &Science University (OHSU) and residence expenses in Portland, Oregon. One fellow will be selected annually.
Students at an accredited allopathic U.S. medical school are eligible. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Specific dates for the internship will be coordinated between the research mentor and student, but the internship must be completed within one year of the award.
This fellowship is supported by the Everts-Smith Education Endowment.
How to apply
Applicants will be informed by March 16 regarding their applications.
Previous Ed Everts medical student fellows
- Bahir Chamseddin, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, "Spatial audition and effects on balance".
Mentor: Dr. Timothy Hullar
- Eduardo Carrera, University of Colorado School of Medicine: "Effect of audition on balance". Mentor: Dr. Timothy
- Ali Sawani, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, "Factors affecting loss of residual hearing following Hybrid cochlear implantation". Mentor: Dr. Lina Reiss
- Byron Etta, Oregon Health & Science University, "Ototoxic drug trafficking through mechanoelectrical transduction channels and across the blood-labyrinth barrier". Mentor: Dr. Peter Steyger
- Christopher Lewis, Oregon Health & Science University, "Bactericidal efficacy during otoprotection, and localization of lipopolysaccarhide within the cochlea". Mentor: Dr. Peter Steyger
- Kayce Spears, Oregon Health & Science University. Mentor: Dr. Lina Reiss
- Pouya Yaghmaie, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jacob Wester, Oregon Health & Science University