Ed Everts Medical Student Fellowship
Ed Everts Medical Student Fellowship in otolaryngology and auditory/vestibular neuroscience at Oregon Health & Science University
Each summer, the Department of Otolaryngology at OHSU offers a 10-week summer research internship open to medical students, with a stipend of ~$5000. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will work with a faculty member to conduct a research project with the aim of a published article, a (inter)national conference presentation, or both.
How to apply: Interested students should download and fill out the Everts Fellowship application form, and submit by mail or email along with a CV, essay, Dean's letter, and two letters of recommendation to Lina Reiss, PhD, Director of the Everts Fellowship, by Friday, February 23.
Applicants will be informed by March 16 regarding their applications.
Previous Ed Everts medical student fellows
- Bahir Chamseddin, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, "Spatial audition and effects on balance".
Mentor: Dr. Timothy Hullar
- Eduardo Carrera, University of Colorado School of Medicine: "Effect of audition on balance". Mentor: Dr. Timothy
- Ali Sawani, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, "Factors affecting loss of residual hearing following Hybrid cochlear implantation". Mentor: Dr. Lina Reiss
- Byron Etta, Oregon Health & Science University, "Ototoxic drug trafficking through mechanoelectrical transduction channels and across the blood-labyrinth barrier". Mentor: Dr. Peter Steyger
- Christopher Lewis, Oregon Health & Science University, "Bactericidal efficacy during otoprotection, and localization of lipopolysaccarhide within the cochlea". Mentor: Dr. Peter Steyger
- Kayce Spears, Oregon Health & Science University. Mentor: Dr. Lina Reiss
- Pouya Yaghmaie, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jacob Wester, Oregon Health & Science University