Participate in Research
Current Study Participation Opportunities
We're recruiting! Click on the links below to see our flyers, and contact us if you're interested in participating! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503 494-5868.
All Children Ages 6-8 - Development Study
- Children ages 6-9 years - Normal Hearing
- Children ages 6-9 years - Hearing Aids
- Children ages 6-9 years - Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid, or Bilateral Cochlear Implants
Adults ages 18 and older
What to Expect at a Research Session
Typically, a research visit will involve:
- Obtaining informed consent and HIPAA paperwork, and asking hearing related questions
- Collecting an audiogram (hearing test)
- Repeating words or sentences in the sound booth
- Using a computer touch screen to select a word or sound heard in the sound booth
- Breaks can be taken as needed
- Complimentary coffee, tea, water, and snacks
- Child-friendly sitting area right next to the booth for spouses, parents, and siblings
- Children can choose stickers, games, and prizes as additional rewards.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
- Varies depending on the study. See flyers above.
- May be scheduled on the same day as a clinic visit
- Weekends and evenings also available
- All subjects are compensated for their time in the study. See flyers above for more info.
- Driving mileage and other transportation costs are also reimbursed.
Maps, directions, and places to stay
Maps and Directions:
We are located in the Hatfield Research Building at the OHSU Marquam Hill campus. Take Elevator G (If coming from PPV and OHSU hospital, Elevator G is past the 9th floor Plaza Café) to the 4th floor. Our lab is in Room 463.
Portland International Airport (PDX)
Portland Bus, Streetcar & Lightrail Schedules:
Other Useful Links for Participants - Things to do in Portland