The evening prior to the interview day, you (and your spouse/significant other) are invited to attend a casual happy hour at Rogue Brewery or a home dinner with the current residents. This time is designed for you and the other applicants to get to know some of our current trainees and their families while enjoying a Portland Micro-Brewery.
Application Happy Hour
Please join your fellow applicants and some of our residents for happy hour. We host casual get-togethers on Monday and Thursday evenings (except holidays) at 6:30 p.m. Significant others are welcome to attend. Food, but not alcohol, will be provided free of charge.
- On Mondays, the event will take place at a local Portland brewery. Portland is home to more than 70 breweries and counting —more than any other city on earth. Since the early 1980s, Portland brewers have been hard at work, pioneering the craft beer movement and earning the city its "Beervana" nickname.
- On Thursdays, a resident will host a dinner in their home. Directions will be sent to you ahead of time once you have signed up. Residents can sometimes help with rides, so see the email for more details.
Your interview day will start at 7:45 a.m. in the Doernbecher Children's Hospital Lobby. Residents will be waiting for you at the admitting desk and will bring you over to the Pediatric Department offices. There are multiple ways to get to the Doernbecher Lobby from your hotel.
Do not hesitate to call if you are lost on interview day at
OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital
700 SW Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239
After meeting in the lobby, the residents will bring you to our auditorium for coffee, tea, and a light breakfast to start your interview day.
- 8:00 - 8:30 Meet with Pediatric Interns
- 8:30 - 9:00 Attend Morning Report
- 9:00 - 10:00 Interviews with Pediatric Faculty
- 10:15 - 11:00 Tour of facilities with Pediatric Resident
- 11:15 - 11:55 Meet with Program Director
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch and Noon Conference
- 1:00 - 1:30 Informal meeting with Pediatric Residents (Cookie Time)
- 1:30 - 2:00 Questions & Answers with Program Director and Associate Directors
- End of the day
- 2:00-2:30 One on one interview with Ph.D. faculty (Ph.D. candidates only)
The residency program administration will be available to provide directions back to the Doernbecher lobby or towards your method of transportation. If you have checked out of your hotel and are going to the airport straight from the interview we can help you arrange a taxi to pick you up. Please bring your luggage to the interview and we'll be glad to store it.
We hope that you found your interview day with us to be informative and enjoyable! We enjoyed meeting you. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Although we do not expect you to return for a second look, if you would like to spend some more time checking out our program or visiting Portland, we would be happy to help.
If you would like to contact any residents, faculty, or program directors, please email email@example.com
or call 503 418-5170
Written correspondence to anyone you met during your time here can be mailed to:
Oregon Health &Science University
Mail Code CDRC-P
707 SW Gaines St.
Portland, OR 97239