One Week Before Surgery
- Consider a visit with our PREP clinic – a pre-operative anesthesia clinic where you and your child can learn about what to expect. You can also ask for a tour.
- Watch our Preparing for Surgery video.
- Review tips on giving your child emotional support from our Child Life program.
- Arrange childcare for siblings during the procedure. Siblings may not go into the recovery room or spend the night at the hospital.
- Arrange for any necessary equipment or supplies needed at home after surgery.
- Notify your doctor if your child has been exposed to any communicable diseases (such as chicken pox) in the past three weeks.