The Day of Surgery
Important things to bring to the hospital
- Identification, insurance and prescription cards
- List of allergies or sensitivities your child has
- List of your child’s current medications and treatments
- ATM card or cash. Vending machines require cash. Most campus dining/snack/coffee shops accept debit cards. There is an ATM machine on the 9th floor of OHSU Hospital, adjacent to Doernbecher.
- Something to occupy your time while waiting during your child’s procedure
- If you are divorced and have custody or communication issues, bring court documents with you.
For Your Child:
- Clothing and personal items. Bring loose fitting comfortable clothing for your child to wear home or for your child’s hospital stay. This can include clothing such as sweat pants, large t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas, robe or slippers.
- Play and comfort items such as a favorite blanket, book, video or toy. Consider bringing along photos of family, friends and pets.
- Baby needs. We provide diapers, bottles and formula. If your child is on special formula, let us know ahead of time. Also bring pacifiers or any special type of bottle, nipple or sippy cup your child prefers.
- Please remember to bring a car seat or booster seat for transporting your child home.