Fetal Therapy Program
Specialists within our program and throughout Doernbecher collaborate to bring you and your baby the most advanced treatment options, and the only fetal therapy program between San Francisco and Seattle.
Helping your baby before birth
The Fetal Therapy Program at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital provides advanced prenatal diagnosis and treatment of birth defects and other pregnancy complications detected on a prenatal ulstrasound.
Perinatology, pediatrics and more
The Fetal Therapy Program brings together expertise from a variety of specialty areas to collaborate on the most accurate diagnosis and best course of treatment for your child.
Fetal Conditions We Diagnose and Treat
Doernbecher provides prenatal diagnosis and treatment for fetal anomalies, congenital birth defects and other concerns detected in pretnatal screening or ultrasound. Learn more.
Fetal conditions and congenital birth defects treated by our Fetal Therapy Program include:
- Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum
- Spina Bifida (Myelomeningocele)
- Cervical Teratoma
- Neck Tumors
- Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation (CPAM)
- Congenital High Airway Obstruction Syndrome CHAOS
- Pulmonary Sequestration
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)
- Gastrointestinal Anomalies
- Kidney Anomalies
- Urinary Tract Obstruction
- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma
- Amniotic Band Syndrome
- Fetal Anemia & Thrombocytopenia
- Twin Pregnancy Complications
- Monochorionic Twins
- Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- TRAP Sequence
- Unequal Placental Sharing