Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program
Facts about our program
- The Pediatric BMT Program at Doernbecher Children Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy and the National Marrow Donor Program.
- Our program has performed more than 400 transplants using bone marrow, peripheral blood or cord blood stem cells from autologous and allogeneic (related and unrelated) donors.
- We perform BMT to treat a variety of cancer and nonmalignant disorders such as primary immunodeficiencies, bone marrow failure syndromes, inherited blood and metabolic disorders.
- We have been recognized at the national level for having outstanding survival and outcomes, and have received recognition from the National Marrow Donor Program and the U.S. News and World Report.
- We are a dedicated team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses and staff who specialize in caring for children undergoing blood and marrow transplantation.
- Our goal is to provide the best outcomes and experience for children undergoing bone marrow transplant.
Services we provide
- Consultation for new patients and second opinions
- HLA-typing and donor search
- Bone marrow harvest and stem cell collections
- Inpatient and outpatient transplant care
- Comprehensive graft-versus-host disease clinic
- Long-term follow-up clinic
- Participation in a variety of clinical trials
You can expect:
- The most advanced treatments and procedures
- A large network of the nationally recognized experts in every pediatric specialty
- State-of-the-art facilities dedicated to specialized care for children and adolescents
- Support professionals including pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, child life specialists, teachers and pastoral care.
- Family-centered care
Allison Moore, R.N. – Transplant and donor search coordinator
Nycole Ferguson – Patient services and financial coordinator
Shirley Mason, M.S.W. – Social worker
Pam Hoffman – BMT pharmacist
Christina Burgin - Clinical research associate
Meenakshi Mishra - Clinical research associate