Pediatric Spine Clinic
OHSU Doernbecher has one of the nation’s few comprehensive spine clinics for children and teens. Experts in pediatric neurosurgery, orthopaedics and other specialties work together to give your child coordinated care all in one place.
The doctors and other experts at the Multidisciplinary Pediatric Spine, Scoliosis and Deformity Clinic focus on the specific needs of children. They also have deep expertise in treating complex spine conditions.
Our specialists include experts in spinal and neurological surgery, orthopaedics and orthotics. They collaborate with Doernbecher Children's Hospital experts in physical therapy, occupational therapy, pulmonology, urology, speech therapy, social work and other areas to provide the most complete care for your child.
Learn more about:
- Our neurosurgery expertise and our neurosurgeons
- Our orthpaedics expertise and our orthopaedic doctors
We take a team-based approach to care, bringing together experts from across specialties to create a treatment and rehabilitation plan tailored to your child’s specific needs. We emphasize nonsurgical options first, recommending surgery only when necessary. Our goal is to help your child enjoy the healthiest, most active life possible.
We provide complete care for every aspect of a spine patient’s diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and condition management. Conditions we treat include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Neck issues
- Spina bifida
- Spinal deformity and anomalies
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Spinal trauma
- Spinal tumors
Complex surgical procedures we offer include:
- Scoliosis and deformity correction
- Anterior, posterior and interbody spinal fusion
- Growing rods
- Cervical spine surgery
- Lumbar spine surgery
- Pelvic fusion and instrumentation
- Titanium rib procedure, or VEPTR
- Tumor removal and spinal decompression
- Orthokids, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Questions and Answers About Scoliosis in Children and Adolescents, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Spasticity Information Page, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Spina Bifida Information Page, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Information Page, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke