One of the most tragic accidents in the home is death or injury due to a gunshot. If you have a gun in your home, please follow these rules:
- Never leave a gun, loaded or unloaded, unattended for any reason. Always store guns in a locked cabinet, case or drawer.
- Children can become confused and imitate the characters they see on television. Explain to your child that a gun is not a toy and can kill.
- Always store ammunition in a separate location from the gun.
- BB guns can cause injury or death. BB guns are not toys and should never be used by a child.
- Teach your child never to touch a gun and to tell an adult if they find one.