State-of-the-art technologyThe OHSU Doernbecher Telemedicine Network has recently launched and is working towards bringing access to pediatric specialists, 24/7, to patients in community hospitals throughout the state of Oregon. Through this network, physicians at participating hospitals will be able to consult with Doernbecher pediatric critical care specialists to help diagnose and collaborate in development of treatment plans for their patients.
Benefits to Network Hospitals
By collaborating with OHSU we can help you to ensure the best possible outcomes for your patients. Through this network, our goal is to support you in your mission to create a healthier community.
- Provide immediate access to a Doernbecher consultant
- Assist in the diagnosis and best possible treatment plan for the patient, which improves outcomes
- Avoid costly and stressful transfers for patients, keeping them in their local communities
- Reduce cost of care
- Increase satisfaction of local physicians and their patients
How Telemedicine Works
- Local physician will evaluate the patient and determine the need for consultation with a Doernbecher specialist
- Access to pediatric intensivists is activated with one call to 800 648-6478
- If a teleconsult is needed, the RP-Lite® mobile unit with teleconferencing capabilities is moved to the patient’s bedside
- The patient, family and physician speak directly to the Doernbecher specialist
- Doernbecher specialist conducts consult examination and evaluation, including review of any labs or ordered imaging
- If necessary, hospital staff work together to prepare patient for air or ground transport to
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital