Goals and Framework
The OHSU Healthcare Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan (DISP) has four goals:
- Enhance a culture of inclusion among all OHSU Healthcare employees.
- Build cultural competencies at all levels of organization to improve patient care and other service encounters.
- Raise awareness of practices that increase the diversity of OHSU Healthcare staff.
- Work towards eliminating health disparities in Oregon.
Strategies of OHSU Healthcare DISP
OHSU Healthcare DISP strategies are adapted from the “Seven Steps to Diversity-and-Inclusion Culture Change” model developed by Gardenswartz and Rowe (2010). The strategies of the OHSU Healthcare DISP are:
- gain executive commitment
- conduct assessments
- create and sponsor advisory councils
- provide training and development
- create and support systems change
- conduct measurement and evaluation
- seek long-term organizational integration