For Healthcare Professionals
- Certified diabetes educators
- A nurse practitioner and registered nurses
- Registered dietitians
- A child psychologist
- A social worker specializing in pediatric diabetes and
- An exercise physiologist
We are also involved in exciting new diabetes clinical research. This gives patients an opportunity to participate in studies and benefit from new research findings. Our center is also a leader in developing and utilizing new technology for diabetes care.
To refer a patient to the Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Health Center:
- Please complete a Physician Consultation Request Form
- Fax the form, with supporting medical documents, to 503 418-2208
OR... use OHSU Connect
To refer a patient to Diabetes Education using EPIC:
To refer a patient to a research study:
- Please call 503 494-4704, or
- Have your patient complete our Online Application for Participating in Diabetes Research Studies
OHSU Endocrinology Fellowship
The OHSU Endocrinology Fellowship is a three-year program that provides high quality clinical and research training in endocrinology. For more information
OHSU Dietetic Internship
The OHSU dietetic internship includes a comprehensive two-week rotation in the Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Health Center. Interns receive valuable exposure to the nutritional and general management of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
The OHSU dietetic internship lasts 10 months. It starts the day after Labor Day and ends in mid- to late June.
For more information
For OHSU Physicians and Nurses
OHSU Guidelines and Protocols for Inpatient Glucose Management
These links provide access to OHSU-approved insulin orders and protocols for hospitalized patients.
These links are housed in a secure part of our network. In order to access these files you must be an OHSU employee with access to O-Zone.