Carb Counting Refresher Class
Update your skills and existing knowledge on carb counting! Join our class geared towards the use of interactive tools and
- Overview of insulin action and dosing related to carb intake
- Review of carb containing foods and serving sizes
- Hands-on practice with meal planning and carb counting using recipes and sample meals
- Education on resources available to help support carb counting
Is this Class for You?
Insulin Pump Therapy
- Individuals interested in insulin pump therapy
- Individuals currently on insulin pump therapy
Insulin Injection Therapy
- Individuals using insulin-to-carb ratio calculations
- Individuals using fixed doses
For patients new to carb counting, please request individual nutrition education with a registered dietitian.
First Thursday of the month
OHSU, Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Health Center
Physicians Pavilion, Suite 140
3147 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239
Free parking is available in the parking garage located in the Physicians
Scheduling & Registration
This class is covered by most insurance plans. A referral for medical
nutrition therapy is required by an endocrinologist.
For More Information, Contact
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call diabetes education: 503-494-3273