Private Contributions Fuel the OHSU Department of Dermatology
The OHSU Department of Dermatology's efforts to advance patient care and research are nationally recognized and locally treasured for the compassionate care we bring to patients and families touched by skin disease. OHSU can do this important work because caring people support these programs with their gifts.
Many supporters give to OHSU in memory of a loved one who received exceptional care here, or who believed in the value of our cutting-edge research.You too can invest in the skin health of future generations by making a charitable gift to OHSU through the OHSU Foundation. You can designate your gift to benefit any area of OHSU dermatology, and you can make your gift in a variety of ways to suit your needs. Our development staff can help you create a gift that achieves your philanthropic and personal goals.If you are interested in making a gift in the very near term, outright gifts and pledges are welcomed by check or credit card. You can give by mail, in person or online. If you are interested in including charitable giving as part of a long-range financial plan, the foundation also offers a range of planned giving opportunities that support dermatologic efforts while helping you improve your tax situation.
How you can help
Gifts to the Department of Dermatology can support:
- Research of skin cancer and other skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Research of the use of piperine for the treatment of vitiligo
- Programs, professorships and facilities to attract and retain world-class scientists and physicians
- Educational programs designed to increase the number of dermatologists available to the community in the future
- The Frances J. Storrs, M.D. Medical Dermatology Endowed Fund
- The Dr. Jesse Ettelson Fund for the Advancement of Dermatology Research
Interested in doubling your gift? Some employers will match your charitable gift dollar-for-dollar. Search the OHSU Foundation database to see if your employer offers matching gifts.