Training for Healthcare Professionals
Get Trained in Clinical Breast Exams
Training in clinical breast examination (CBE) and early detection of breast cancer is easy with the Breast Health Education Program. We offer:
- Online learning - review of breast anatomy, physiology and pathology plus risk assessment, screening and diagnosis
- Guided practice with silicone breast and live patient models
- Continuing medical education credit
Clinical breast exam training
Frequently Asked Questions Learn more
Breast Cancer Early Detection: A Comprehensive Approach
A unique, skill-based continuing medical education (CME) accredited course for primary care clinicians and other providers of screening services for women. Download brochure
(Both course components are required for CME credit)
1. Self-Study Module (2 hours)
The prerequisite self-study module covers:
- CBE risk management.
- Anatomy and physiology as related to clinical and mammographic findings.
- Patient education and cancer risk assessment.
- Plan of action for normal as well as abnormal CBE findings.
- A video review of the Vertical Strip 3-Pressure Method (VS3PM) of CBE.
2. Skills Practicum (3 hours)
The skills practicum, conducted with a CBE faculty peer coach and patient instructor includes:
- Instruction and practice of techniques to maximize lump detection and differentiation using realistic silicone models.
- Practice in an exam room with the faculty instructor and a patient instructor who will provide you with immediate feedback for refinement of your palpation skills.