How Your Gifts Help
Five Ways You Can Make a Difference in the Fight against CancerThe OHSU Knight Cancer Institute is committed to fundamentally altering what it means to have, treat and survive cancer. Philanthropy plays a vital role in these efforts – helping to launch new research studies, fund important outreach and patient care initiatives, and educate future cancer experts. Your support makes a difference in our ability to bring new hope to patients more quickly.
Below are five ways your gift will help:
- Accelerate the pace of discovery. Gifts to the Knight Cancer Institute Research Fund support the most promising research projects focused on finding better ways to treat, diagnose and prevent cancer. Support also may be directed to a specific area of cancer research. Opportunities are available to name faculty research awards and pilot projects.
- Provide patients with important programs and services to enhance their emotional health, quality of life and mental well-being during and after treatment. Gifts can fund art therapy and wellness programs, patient assistance funds, massage therapy and survivorship programs among others.
- Educate the next generation of promising physician-scientists. The Knight’s Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program is a three-year training program designed to transform promising physician-scientists into tomorrow’s outstanding hematologists and oncologists. OHSU has the only hematology/oncology fellowship program in Oregon. Many of our trainees have gone on to build their careers at OHSU and several have gone on to pursue careers in academic medicine at other prestigious institutions.
- Endow faculty positions to help us recruit and retain exceptional faculty. An endowment is a permanent fund that provides support in perpetuity. Endowed professorships and chairs provide faculty with resources for research and activities that will really make a difference in the fight against cancer. Investment in top talent through an endowed position is one of the smartest moves we can make! We seek to establish endowed positions in breast cancer, prostate cancer, urology, and radiation medicine.
- Support the highest and most urgent cancer research, care and outreach priorities. Gifts of all sizes to the Knight’s Changing the Face of Cancer Fund will enable the Knight to invest funding in the areas where it will make the biggest impact.
To make a gift or learn more about how you can help, contact the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Office of Development at 503 494-3707 or email email@example.com.