Many aspects of life may be touched or altered as a result of cancer and its treatments. At the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, we have a team of providers ready to help you handle any changes that come your way.
Everyone has different needs throughout their cancer treatment and recovery. Whether you need support from a social worker, help returning to work after treatment or a place to share your experience as a caregiver, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute has a service for you.
- Acupuncture to help overall wellness, lessen side effects and improve quality of life.
- Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program support
- Cancer nutrition services to support your nutrition needs from diagnosis through post-treatment.
- Supportive oncology and palliative care to help you feel as well as possible during treatment.
- Rehabilitation Services designed to meet the needs of cancer patients.
- Social work to provide support and help you and your family cope with cancer.
- Support groups and classes including patient education , patient advocacy and support classes.
Lung Cancer Resources
Our supportive oncology and palliative care services are here to help you feel as well as possible during treatment.
The palliative medicine goal is to help you and your family with the physical, emotional, social and spiritual issues of cancer and cancer treatment. We want to help you be as comfortable as possible, and have the best quality of life at every stage of your illness.
We can provide:
- Expert treatment of symptoms such as pain, shortness of breath, nausea, trouble sleeping, appetite loss and constipation
- Help making difficult decisions or understanding your condition or prognosis.
- Emotional and practical support for patients and caregivers