ESOPHAGEAL CANCER TREATMENT OPTIONS
At OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, we know every cancer – and every person – is different. Our esophageal cancer specialists will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Your esophageal cancer treatment is based on the following factors:
- Your age, health and medical history
- How much cancer there is and if it has spread
- Your tolerance for specific medicines, procedures or other treatments
- How your doctor thinks the disease will respond to treatment
- Your opinions and preferences
Esophageal cancer treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Some people just have surgery. Other people have surgery plus chemotherapy or radiation. Your OHSU cancer team will work together to find the best option for you.