Nutrition Services for Patients with Cancer
We offer personalized care, and our dietitian will work closely with you and your family to address and resolve any nutrition-related questions.
Our services include:
- Managing potential side effects of treatment:
- lack of appetite
- taste changes
- dry mouth
- Providing individualized diet instruction and counseling to prevent excessive weight loss or malnutrition
- Evaluating current research or information about the role of specific diet or lifestyle modifications in cancer treatment
- Providing recipes, shopping lists, and tips to meet increased nutritional needs
- Evaluating the need for and effectiveness of complementary medicines (such as herbal/vitamin/mineral supplements) by specific diagnosis
- Transitioning eating and lifestyle habits from treatment to post treatment
- Our dietitian is available to meet throughout OHSU on Marquam Hill and the South Waterfront, as well as our community clinic locations in Beaverton, Tualatin, Northeast Portland, Northwest Portland and Gresham.
How to make an appointment
- ask your doctor to refer you to the cancer dietitian
- contact the cancer dietitian directly at 503 418-9731