Adult Cancer Nutrition Services
We offer personalized care, and our dietitians will work closely with you and your family to address and resolve any nutrition-related questions.
Our services include:
- Help manage treatment side effects that could impact your nutrition. For example:
- lack of appetite
- taste changes
- dry mouth
- Provide personalized diet counseling. This can help prevent too much weight loss or gain and prevent potential malnutrition.
- Evaluate current research on how diet or lifestyle changes can help with your cancer care.
- Share recipes, shopping lists and nutritional tips to help you meet nutritional goals during and after cancer care.
- Evaluate the evidence on complementary medicines (such as herbal, vitamin and mineral supplements.) Make sure what you are taking is safe, effective and doesn’t interact with food you may eat relative to your diagnosis.
- Provide education and support to help you improve your eating and lifestyle habits, even after cancer treatment.
- Meet over the phone or in person on the OHSU Marquam Hill or the South Waterfront campus.
How to make an appointment
- ask your doctor to refer you to a cancer dietitian
- contact the cancer dietitians directly at 503 418-9731
Amanda Bryant, R.D., C.S.O., L.D.
Amanda supports the nutritional needs of people with urological, lung and gastrointestinal cancers. She can help before, during and after treatment. Amanda primarily sees patients at the OHSU Marquam Hill and South Waterfront clinics. She can also meet over the phone if you’re unable to come to either location. Please call 503 418-9731 to schedule an appointment. She will work with you to meet your needs.
Katherine supports the nutritional needs of people with breast, sarcoma, blood cancer and head and neck cancers. She can help before, during, and after treatment. Katherine primarily consults with sees patients at the OHSU Marquam Hill and South Waterfront clinics. She can also meet over the phone if you’re unable to come to either location. Please call 503 418-9731 to schedule an appointment. She will work with you to meet your needs.