Patient Navigator Program
American Cancer Society
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society (ACS) collaborate to help patients navigate cancer care services. Our patient navigator can assist you with many requests including cancer information, community-based resources, transportation, lodging and free wigs/head coverings. For patient navigation services please call 503 351-5921 or email email@example.com.
Patient Education Resource Center
The American Cancer Society partners with the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute to provide the Patient Education Resource Center, located on the 7th floor of the Center for Health and Healing. Volunteers at the Patient Education Resource Center work with the patient navigator to provide patients, their families and caregivers with information and to connect them with American Cancer Society programs and services.
- Patient Lodging Program works in partnership with local hotels to offer free or low cost rooms as available to cancer patients traveling to Portland from at least 50 miles away.
- Road to Recovery® is a program partnership between the American Cancer Society and Ride Connection in which volunteer drivers provide cancer patients with transportation to and from medical/treatment appointments.
- Look Good... Feel Better® is a program designed to help women dealing with cancer treatment and the associated changes to their skin and hair.
- Reach to Recovery® pairs trained volunteer breast cancer survivors to serve as role models and peer supporters to others living with breast cancer.
- Free hats, wigs and head scarves can be found in the Patient Education Resource Center. Volunteers are available to help with wig fittings for cancer patients. Please call Heidi Judge on 503 351-5921 to make an appointment.
To volunteer in the Patient Education Resource Center, contact Laura Potter at 503 795-3996 or call the American Cancer Society at 1 800 227-2345.
Learn the many ways to support your American Cancer Society by participating with Team OHSU in community events such as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® and Relay For Life®. For more information about OHSU involvement in community events, please call the Office of Community Relations at 503 494-5293.