Make An Appointment
The Knight Cancer Institute’s Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program at OHSU provides support for the unique emotional, physical and social needs of people diagnosed with cancer between the ages of 15 and 39. When you visit our AYA Providers for a consultation, they work with your oncology team, whether at OHSU or in the community, to provide services unique to your needs.
If you would like to make an appointment to see an AYA Provider for a consultation, please call 503 494-7999. If you have questions about our services, please contact the AYA Program Coordinator at 503 494-0446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklist of information you will need when making an appointment
We need information to identify you, to keep track of your medical record and to reserve the right amount of time for your appointment. We will ask for:
- Your name
- Your date of birth or Social Security number (this helps ensure that your medical information is not confused with someone who has a similar name.)
- Reason for the appointment (be as specific as possible so that we can reserve the right amount of time for your visit.)
- Whether you want a particular doctor/healthcare provider or the first available appointment
Canceling an appointment
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call 503 346-0057 as soon as possible or no later than the day before. We realize that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. However, giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. When you call, we will help you reschedule for another day and time.
Preparing for your appointment
Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card: Please bring your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card with you to your appointments. We will verify your coverage, so we can process your bill correctly.
- Co-payment or prepayment: If your health plan has a copayment or you have a pre-payment requirement, please bring your payment with you. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA debit cards, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA.
- Medications list: Please bring a list of your current prescriptions and over-the-counter (nonprescription) drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Medical records and X-rays: If you are being referred an OHSU lung cancer specialist from a non-OHSU clinic or doctor, please arrange for them to send your medical records and appropriate X-rays to us. For additional information, call Medical Correspondence at 503 494-8521.
- Notes about your health concerns: You might find it helpful to write a few notes about the symptoms you are having and any other health concerns.