Matter of Balance for Seniors
Matter of Balance 8-Week Fall Prevention Courses
Matter of Balance is an eight week, evidence-based senior fall prevention program that was developed at the Roybal Center of Boston University and is promoted by MaineHealth and the Partnership for Healthy Aging. Classes are held throughout Oregon in eight week sessions with a group of ten to twelve participants.
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set realistic goals to increase activity
- Change their environment to reduce fall risk factors
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who Should Participate in Matter of Balance?
The program was designed to benefit community-dwelling older adults who:
- Are concerned about falls
- Have sustained falls in the past
- Restrict activities because of concerns about falling
- Are interested in improving flexibility, balance, and strength
- Are age 60 years or older, ambulatory, and able to problem solve
For more information about upcoming classes, call 503 494-5353 or email email@example.com.
Fall Prevention Seminars
To register for any of our 2-hour fall prevention seminars please contact one of the following:
Kayt Zundel, Program Director
971 344-1154 (cell)
503 494-5353 (office)
Shelby Martin, Education Coordinator
503 312-5074 (cell)