Our surgeons provide treatment at OHSU's Marquam Hill campus in Portland, Oregon.
If you have surgery at the OHSU Nerve Center, our office staff does its best to give you and your family detailed instructions. We want to make your surgery and recovery as easy as possible.
Services provided by our specialists include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of neuropathy
- Botox injections
- Nerve blocks
- Psychological evaluation/treatment
- Decompression of nerve entrapments
- Nerve injury repair
- Nerve reconstruction
- Nerve transfer
- Removal of nerve tumors
- Facial reanimation
- Tendon transfer
- Muscle release and rebalancing
- Joint capsular releases
- Peripheral nerve and spinal cord stimulation
Care After Your First Peripheral Nerve Treatment (Follow-up Care)
We see patients two weeks after initial (first) treatment, such as surgery, for a routine post-procedure check. The purpose of this visit is to make sure you are healing well and to identify any problems that could slow down your recovery.
- Between six weeks and three months after surgery, you return to our clinic so we can track your progress and review imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-ray or other imaging scans). In most cases, our office staff helps schedule these visits so you can have studies done the same day as your clinic appointment, in the same building.
- You have long-term follow-up (appointments six months or more after surgery) if necessary.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Many neurological (nervous system) problems can be successfully treated without surgery. Our experts are specially trained to diagnose and treat these conditions, helping restore movement and function to patients disabled by disease or injury. You work closely with a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and other rehabilitation professionals on a treatment plan tailored to your needs.