OHSU Facial Pain Program Publications
At the OHSU Facial Pain Program, our experts have published many articles in medical journals. If you are a healthcare professional, researcher or interested in medical papers, you may want to explore some of these references.
- Burchiel KJ. Editorial: Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2011;114(1):171-171.
- Zacest AC, Magill ST, Miller J, Burchiel KJ. Preoperative magnetic resonance imaging in Type 2 trigeminal neuralgia. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2010;113(3):511-515.
- Ray DK, Bahgat D, McCartney S, Burchiel KJ. Surgical Outcome and Improvement in Quality of Life after Microvascular Decompression for Hemifacial Spasms: A Case Series Assessment Using a Validated Disease-Specific Scale. Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery. 2010;88(6):383-389.
- Burchiel KJ. Editorial:Trigeminal neuralgia. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2010;112(4):756-757.
- Zacest A, Anderson V, C, Burchiel K, J. The Glass Half Empty or Half FullHow Effective Are Long-Term Intrathecal Opioids in Post-herpetic Neuralgia? A Case Series and Review of the Literature. Neuromodulation. 2009;12(3):219-223.
- Raslan AM, DeJesus R, Berk C, Zacest A, Anderson JC, Burchiel KJ. Sensitivity of high-resolution three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography and three-dimensional spoiled-gradient recalled imaging in the prediction of neurovascular compression in patients with hemifacial spasm. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2009;111(4):733-736.
- Miller JP, Magill ST, Acar F, Burchiel KJ. Predictors of long-term success after microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2009;110(4):620-626.
- Miller JP, Acar F, Hamilton BE, Burchiel KJ. Radiographic evaluation of trigeminal neurovascular compression in patients with and without trigeminal neuralgia. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2009;110(4):627-632.
- Miller JP, Acar F, Burchiel KJ. Classification of trigeminal neuralgia: clinical, therapeutic, and prognostic implications in a series of 144 patients undergoing microvascular decompression. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2009;111(6):1231-1234.
- Burchiel K. Neurosurgery of Trigeminal Neuraglia. In: Sindou M, ed. Practical Handbook of Neurosurgery. New York: Gardners Books; 2009.