DBS education and training for healthcare providers
We offer provider education and training on DBS and its applications for Parkinson’s and essential tremor. Topics include:
- Overview of deep brain stimulation, including history, indications, contraindications, risks and benefits.
- Evaluation criteria for Parkinson's and essential tremor patients. Providers are trained to identify and evaluate patients in their local communities for DBS candidacy.
- Programming the implanted pulse generator (IPG or “stimulator”).
- Managing patients after DBS surgery.
- DBS surgery training with Dr. Kim Burchiel.
Training can be customized to the needs of your practice. To learn more about DBS provider education and training, please contact us through the OHSU Physician Consult & Referral Service at 800 245-6478.