First: Join us online from the privacy of your home for our informational seminar.
Second: Call your insurance provider to obtain coverage information regarding:
- Exclusion for weight related treatment
- Requirements for surgical considerations
- Supervised diet or weight loss requirement
Third: Complete the Health History Form
Fourth: Schedule your consultation appointment. Your first visit will be with one of our dedicated nurse practitioners who will perform a complete medical exam and discuss any additional consultations or tests you will need prior to surgery.
Other appointments you will have as part of your pre-surgical process include:
- Dietitian appointment
- Physical therapist appointment
- Weight management classes
- Psychological evaluation
Insurance authorization: When all of the above and any other needed consultations or testing is completed, we will request an authorization for surgery from your insurance company.
- Surgeon appointment: This will be scheduled following authorization by your insurance company. During this appointment your surgery date will be set. You will be asked to sign the consent form for surgery, please bring your questions.
- Pre-Medicine Clinic appointment: This will occur after the surgeon visit. This appointment is to evaluate your risk for anesthesia.
- Bariatric Pre-op Class: Occurs Monday or Friday before your surgery to review vitamin supplements, what to expect during surgery, post-operative care in the hospital and when you come to the hospital.