Stephen Langley, MBBS, MD, FRCS(CTh), FETCS
- Surgery, Pediatrics, Cardiology
- Special Interests:
- Neonatal Cardiac Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery (Pediatric), Congenital Heart Disease
- Accepting Patients:
Academic and Clinical Position
Chief of the Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery
Dr. Langley came to OHSU Doernbecher from Southampton University Hospital, United Kingdom, where he served as a pediatric and adult cardiac surgeon for six years.
Under his leadership, Doernbecher's cardiac surgery program continues to be integrated with the pediatric cardiology division. Together, 28 doctors, nurses, pediatric cardiac intensivists, anesthesiologists and perfusionists work together to provide a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
Dr. Langley's specialties include:
- Neonatal cardiac surgery
- Complex congenital cardiac procedures, including Norwood and arterial switch procedures
- Pulmonary valve replacement
- Other heart valve repair and replacement
- Adults with congenital heart defects
His research interests include valve replacement and cardiopulmonary bypass strategies in patients with congenital heart disease.
August 1989 London University, UK
Southampton University Hospital, U.K.
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
Great Ormond Street Hospital, U.K.
Birmingham Children's Hospital, U.K.