Family Advisory Committee
The Autism Program Family Advisory Committee (FAC) is a team of parents committed to offering personal insight and experience to continually improve the services we provide. Their mission is to foster the philosophy of family-centered care by offering family insight and information to promote improvements to services at the OHSU Autism Program.
Since 2012, the Autism Program Family Advisory Committee has actively:
- Offered feedback to clinical researchers about research efforts
- Provided feedback to the program director on current services, waitlists, and other areas important to families
- Reviewed and edited the Family Handbook given to families with newly diagnosed children
- Shared autism-related resources with members and staff on behalf of community agencies and providers
- Advocated for passage of SB365, Oregon's Autism Insurance Reform Act
- Established a Family to Clinic subcommittee to educate referring clinics on autism and making clinical visits more family-friendly
If you are interested in joining the Autism Program Family Advisory Committee, please call our Family Navigator at 503-494-0604 or email us.