From PowerPoint to online distance education, technology has become prevalent in the modern classroom. OHSU's Academic Technology department provides a number of educational technology services including Sakai and iclickers, but the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) understands that all technology is only as good as the expertise of its users. Expertise starts with training and consultation and the TLC is here to provide it to you.
- Sakai Help Desk – The Sakai Help Desk is available seven days a week via phone and e-mail for immediate help and consultation. We can help you upload course materials, configure exams and forums, or use any of the other myriad features built into Sakai. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends from noon until 5 p.m. E-mail us or call us at 4-7074 on OHSU's main campus or 1-877-972-5249.
- Faculty Development Workshops and Webinars – Our workshops address methods for both in-class and online teaching. Topics will range from evaluating student performance to collaborative and team-based teaching techniques.
- Drop-in Clinics – Several times during each academic term we host drop-in clinics to allow faculty to meet us in person and bring whatever technology questions or ideas they have. Watch the TLC home page for our latest drop-in clinic dates.
- Consultation – If you're looking for one-on-one advice with our Faculty Development Specialists, we can help you there, too. Please keep in mind that consultation time may be limited.
- Teaching and Learning with Technology Roundtable (TLTR) – The TLC hosts monthly open roundtable sessions on a variety of educational technology topics. Check the TLTR page for the latest information.