Code of Conduct
OHSU Student Center
Intramural Sports Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct shall serve as a guideline for how individuals are expected to behave when participating in Intramural Sports at the OHSU Student Center. Participants assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with OHSU Code of Conduct. Those who choose to participate in intramural sports indicate, he or she agrees to represent his or her team and the OHSU Student Center in a way that does not detract from the reputation of the institution he or she represents, and to act morally and display sportsmanship-like behavior, before, during and after any competition. Guidelines of conduct include, but are not limited to the examples outlined below.Captains’ & Free Agents Responsibilities: Free Agents should designate a captain. All captains assume leadership roles in the organization and administration of their teams.
- Knowing the sport specific rules, as well as general rules and regulations that govern the Student Center Intramural Program i.e. eligibility, forfeits, etc.
- Informing team members of the rules and regulations.
- Interacting with game officials on their team’s behalf. Captains are the only players who may do so.
- Controlling the behavior of spectators directly related to their team. Spectators are subject to the policies and regulations of the Student Center Intramural Sports Program
- Be a team leader. Captains are accountable for the conduct of themselves, their team members, and their spectators. They must deal appropriately with team members who do not respect the rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in the offending player and the captain being suspended.
- Strike, attempt to strike or otherwise physically abuse any individual.
- Intentionally engage in or incite participants and/or spectators to engage in abusive or violent conduct.
- Use verbal or non-verbal profanity, disrespectful language, obscene gestures or behavior.
- Violate any rules or policies of the Student Center Intramural Program and the OHSU Code of Conduct.
- Suspension from the game/match;
- Suspension from the playoffs;
- Ejection from the league;
- Forfeiture of all games/matches won and possible team elimination from current and future Intramural Sports.
- Notification to University Officials/Deans for any violation of the Code of Conduct by an individual or team.
- Suspension of league play for 1 week up to 1 year depending on severity of violation.
I hereby agree, and the team collectively agrees, to abide by the Code of Conduct set forth above and acknowledge: 1) I have read all of the Intramural guidelines in regard to team and individual eligibility, and 2) should I violate any code of conduct set forth above, I may be subject to disciplinary actions as set forth in this document, including, but not limited to: notification of such violation to university officials/Deans; payment of fines, penalties and monetary damages arising from, or caused by, my conduct while attending and/or participating in intramural sports; possible expulsion from the Student Center and/or Student Center Intramural Programs.