OHSU's Office of Science Education Opportunities (SEO) was formed in 2002. This office serves the community, OHSU employees and students as we work to develop and mobilize OHSU's unique resources to increase science literacy throughout the region. Our primary audiences are K - 16 teachers and students and also OHSU faculty, students and staff.
Highlights include the following:
- OHSU sponsored BODY WORLDS & The Brain at OMSI
- Participation in the 2010 Oregon Science Festival
- OHSU hosted Middle School teachers for 5 years with the Teacher Institute for the Experience of Science program
- Participation in OHSU programs by over 120,000 K-12 students
- Participation in OHSU programs by over 1,800 K-12 Teachers
- Growing participation in OHSU science education programs among a wide scope of audiences (statewide)
- Participation in OHSU science education programs by over 800 OHSU faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and staff
In addition, we are building mechanisms and infrastructure to support these activities, including a campus wide program inventory, development of a web-enabled database with an activity tracking and reporting mechanism, maintenance of a coordinated calendar of outreach events, and further development of employee recognition and appreciation programs.
We welcome your suggestions about how SEO can support your work with the K - 16 community. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions. Thank you.