Behavioral Health Services
The Joseph B. Trainer Health & Wellness Center not only aims to care for your physical health, we are also here to preserve and enhance your emotional and behavioral health as well.
The staff at JBT Health & Wellness Center understands and recognizes that many people experience stress as they combine busy lives and the demands of studies, work, and making time for family and friends. Many individuals cope with this continuous state of stress differently, but after awhile, as the stress builds, many are not able to cope with the stress at all.
The result of continuous stress may cause a disruption in your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well being.
The JBT Health & Wellness Center is here to support you and your needs. We offer a variety of support services that will not only help you recognize and identify your stressors, but will help you learn how to cope and relieve the stress in a healthy manner.
The JBT Health & Wellness Center provides counseling and psychiatric care for our students and postdoctoral scholars in a comfortable and confidential setting. These services include, but are limited to:
- Individual or couples therapy
- Support groups
- Psychiatric evaluation and/or referral
- Medication management
- Assessment, treatment and referral as appropriate for alcohol and other substance abuse related problems
Counseling Services-Learn More
Support and Wellness Services
The JBT Health & Wellness Center provides many tools, outlets, and support services for your emotional, mental, and spiritual wellness. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Mindful Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Classes
- Sleep and Insomnia Workshops
- Yoga for Stress Management
- Light and Mood Disorder Resources
- Wellness DVD and Books Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resources (GateKeeper Video Training)
- Safety and Crime Prevention
JBT Support and Wellness Services-Learn More
OHSU Wellness Services-Learn More