JBT Health & Wellness implements ReadySet
Beginning in 2016, the Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health and Wellness Center transitioned to a new compliance tracking system, ReadySet, to better serve students in meeting and tracking pre-entrance and annual required vaccines and testing. ReadySet keeps track of students' Pre-Entrance requirements, tuberculosis screening records, flu immunizations, and respiratory protection monitoring records. Epic will continue to hold students' personal medical care records. Keeping ReadySet and Epic separated ensures patient confidentiality.
School of Nursing Students: Please note: At this time, the School of Nursing is not enrolled in the ReadySet system. School of Nursing students will still be able to receive influenza vaccines and tuberculosis screening through JBT, but they are not required to complete the ReadySet survey prior to services
While we do our best to let students know when they are due for annual
requirements, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to maintain
ReadySet will allow students:
- Immediate access to their student health record
- The ability to view and print their records on the go
- The ability to complete required documentation before they even reach JBT for their appointment
- Access to enter and manage student pre-entrance immunization requirements and annual requirements such as the annual flu vaccine, TB testing, respirator fit testing, and more
Influenza Vaccination: Get ReadySet for the upcoming flu season!
Flu season is right around the corner. Help prevent the spread of influenza-related illness by getting a flu vaccine. OHSU encourages all students, faculty, staff and volunteers to receive the seasonal flu vaccination to protect themselves, their fellow students, coworkers, patients and loved ones.
Before getting your vaccine, log in to ReadySet to complete the Seasonal Flu Immunization Survey. Your survey must be completed in order to receive your annual flu vaccine at OHSU. Completing the survey in advance of your appointment or visit to a flu clinic will save you time!
When filling out your ReadySet survey, you can choose one of three options:
1. "I AGREE to receive the seasonal flu vaccination."
The influenza vaccine is offered free of charge through the Joseph B. Trainer Health & Wellness Center and at all OHSU-sponsored flu clinics on campus.
- Make an appointment to get your influenza vaccine at JBT Health & Wellness Center by calling 503-494-8665. Be sure to complete the Seasonal Flu Immunization Survey prior to coming in for the influenza vaccine.
- Come to one of the OccupationalHealth flu clinics.
- Come to the Welcome to Campus barbecue and information fair on Thursday, Sept. 28, 5 to 7:30p.m., Mackenzie Hall lawn on Marquam Hill.
2. "I ALREADY RECEIVED the seasonal flu vaccination and I can provide documentation."
Even if you receive your flu vaccine outside the JBT Health & Wellness Center or an OHSU Occupational Health flu clinic, you must still complete the Seasonal Flu Immunization Survey to document that you received it. Once completed, please contact JBT Health & Wellness Center to receive a flu vaccine sticker to affix to your ID badge indicating you are immunized.
If you have already completed the flu survey stating you want to receive the vaccination but have received it elsewhere, please contact JBT Health & Wellness Center via email at askJBTRN@ohsu.edu to have your flu survey reset.
3. "I DO NOT WANT the seasonal flu vaccination."
You may choose not to be vaccinated against the flu. However, you will be required to wear a procedure mask when within six feet of a patient in a patient care area during the "Masks On" period, which typically begins in early December. If you choose not to receive a flu vaccine, you must still complete the Seasonal Flu Immunization Survey to comply with OHSU policy.
If you have already completed the flu survey stating you want to receive the vaccination, but have received it elsewhere, please contact JBT Health & Wellness Center via email at askJBTRN@ohsu.edu to have your flu survey reset.
Per the OHSU Influenza Vaccination and Masking Policy,all non-vaccinated personnel, (i.e., those who do not have a flu vaccine sticker), will be required to wear a procedure mask when within six feet of a patient in a patient care area during the Masks On period.
JBT Health & Wellness will be sending a list of students that have not complied with the seasonal flu requirement to program directors on Wednesday, December 20. There may be programmatic consequences for non-compliance.
ALL OHSU students are required to complete annual tuberculosis screening.
How do you know if you are due?
- You will receive a notification from ReadySet to your OHSU email account a month before your tuberculosis screening is due and weekly reminders after your due date.
- You can check the Results section in your ReadySet My Health tab to find out when your last tuberculosis screening was done. Tuberculosis screening is due yearly.
How can you receive your annual tuberculosis screening service?
- You can receive no-cost, annual tuberculosis screening at the JBT Health & Wellness Center. Please call us at 503-494-8665 to set up an appointment. Please fill out your ReadySet TB Program Symptom and Exposure Questionnaire before arriving for your appointment.
- You may also receive
tuberculosis screening outside of JBT Health & Wellness Center by using
your personal health insurance. However, you must send documentation of your
tuberculosis screening to askjbtRN@ohsu.edu
so this can be properly documented before you will be considered compliant.
How do you complete the assigned TB Program Symptom and Exposure Questionnaire in ReadySet?
- Log on to ReadySet---Click on the My Health tab---Click on the Health Surveys section on the left hand side of the screen---Click on TB Program Symptom and Exposure Questionnaire---Fill out the questionnaire (only the red starred entries are required)---Submit ONLY when you are done.
- Once you submit the form, you cannot go back in to edit. If you need to edit the form, contact JBT to reset your survey.
Respiratory Protection Monitoring:
Only students from a few programs are required to have respiratory protection requirements.
- You will receive notification directly from ReadySet when you are due and directions on how to complete this requirement. Please call us at 503-494-8665 to set up an appointment.
Log on to ReadySet to fill out your ReadySet OSHA Respirator Survey at least 24 hours before arriving for your appointment.
Who cannot get N95 mask fit tested?
- You cannot get mask fitted if you have facial hair, even one-day stubble will prevent a good seal. Certain medical conditions, such as poorly controlled asthma, may make N95 mask use unsafe. A JBT provider will contact you if they have any concerns after reviewing your OSHA Respirator Survey.
- Some people "fail" the N95 mask fitting in the office. This means that the N95 mask does not fit properly and will not protect you from respiratory hazards. If you have facial hair, "fail" the fitting or have a medical reason you cannot safely use a N95 mask, you will need to be trained to wear the PAPR instead.
If you need PAPR training, how does this occur?
- You will need to go online and complete the PAPR Compass module in order to be properly trained and prepared to use a PAPR.
- Instructions for completing the PAPR Compass Module:
- Log in to Compass through O2
- Type PAPR into the search field in the upper right corner of the welcome screen.
- Choose the "Use of the Powered Air Purifying Respirator"
- Launch the course.
- Once you have completed the compass module, you MUST notify JBT that the module has been completed so we can mark you as compliant. You are not considered compliant until we get a follow up notification from you.
For questions, contact JBT at 503 494-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access ReadySet here.For more questions on Respirator Fit testing- click here