Hospital Orientation Completion Check
- Review attached information about each topic.
- Discuss with Preceptor/Manager.
- Date each item as completed
- Complete signatures and dates.
- Original completed checklist form to be placed in department (for students or agency) or HR file (for SHC employees) – Send a copy to the Nurse Education.
- filed in department for agency; in HR for employee; or send to Staff Development for students. Workforce Confidentiality Agreement
|1.||Overview of Shriners' Hospital Purpose – SHC Mission History, Organization, Application Process, Customer Relations, Code of Ethics|
|2.||Plan of Patient Care Overview – Family Centered Care Policy, Scope of Services, Patient Care Standards|
|3.||SHC HIPAA Overview – Complete HIPAA Prof training – Manger/staff to witness "Workforce Member Confidentiality Agreement"|
|4.||Infection Control (Body Substances, PPE, Barriers, Hand washing) explains responsibility.|
|5.||Emergency Response (Internal and External Emergencies/Drills/Policy /Procedure)|
|6.||Fire Response Plan (Discuss: RACE, Location of Alarm Pull Stations, Exits, Extinguishers, and Evacuation Procedures). Life Safety Management. Location of Quick Reference Guidelines.|
|7.||Electrical Safety (identify work hazards, red/white outlets).|
|8.||Hazard Substance Release Response – Discuss and review chemical used.|
|9.||Discuss General Department, and Patient Safety Concerns and Goals, as applicable.|
|10.||Code Adam – Explain role in the vent of child abduction.|
|11.||Code Rambler – Explain role in the event of a disruptive person.|
|12.||Code 99 – Explain role and emergency number to call.First Aid Response – Minor and Code First Aid|
|13.||Back Safety/Safe Moving and Lifting - Review proper body mechanics techniques and review workspace if applies. Identify assisting methods.|
|15.||Sexual Harassment Policy|
Name (please print) Start Date Department/School
Signature of Orientee Date Orientation Coordinator/Preceptor/Supervisor Signature Date