3 weeks before your clinical experience:
- Your faculty will register you for the necessary Epic training classes based on your clinical placement.
- Ensure your Epic classes are scheduled to be done before you start your clinical assignment.
- See below for the breakout of training
- Obtain your Background Check / Drug Screening verification on school letterhead. Check with your school for any questions.
- Nursing Student Daily Goal card filled out each time they are on the clinical site. This form lists the daily or weekly goal(s) for the individual student and must be shared with the preceptor.
2 weeks before your clinical placement:
- Review the OHSU Emergency Codes.
- Clinical Passport: Ensure your regional nursing network clinical passport is current. You must bring it with you when you are on the unit.
- Complete / Collect these on-line training modules and print the Certificates of Completion:
- Respect at the University
- HIPAA-Privacy and You
- Integrity Booster
- To access the OHSU online modules, go to Big Brain: These trainings require sound - make sure you have speakers / headphones.
- For instructions on how to log in to Big Brain for the first time, click here.
1 week before your clinical placement:
Review and complete: The Automated Cabinet Dispenser (ADC) - Omnicell on-line training
- Patient Care in a Profiled Environment (ADC) - Omnicell
- Print the Certification of Completion for your files
Review and Complete: The Prerequisite EpicCare on-line modules in Big Brain
ID Badge: Complete and collect these forms to obtain your ID Badge:
Take the forms to the OHSU Parking Office which is located at 3310 SW Veterans Hospital Road / Go to OHSU Transportation & Parking for more information
- Access & ID card Form: You will need to obtain a copy of this from Melanie Blehm in Sam Jackson Hall, Room 3255. Please contact her to schedule a time to do so - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background check / Drug screening verification on school letterhead
- Respect at the University Certificate of Completion
- HIPPA-Privacy and You Certificate of Completion
- Integrity Booster Certificate of Completion
- Government-issued photo identification
- $25.00 to pay for ID Card