This Office is here to assist faculty, staff, and students with issues related to the academic operations within the School of Nursing, including academic policies, guidance with academic concerns or issues and direction with general program needs.
The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) has the responsibility for coordination across SON degree programs in collaboration with the other schools and programs at OHSU. This office also coordinates program evaluation and quality improvement in collaboration with academic councils and is responsible for the development and delivery of statewide simulation, technology support, and faculty development.
- Academic policies
- Guidance with academic issues and direction with general program needs
- Coordination/liaison across SON degree programs in collaboration with the other school, units and programs at OHSU
- Coordinates program evaluation and quality improvement in collaboration with academic councils
- Curriculum management including maintaining official records from the academic councils
- Course scheduling
- Data management (surveys)
- Educational agreements (clinical site contracts)
- Development and delivery of statewide simulation
- Course and meeting technology support
- Office technology
- SCLC coordination
- Faculty development, specifically assessing teaching and curriculum strategies in our evolving educational environment
- Workload oversight for timeline and guidelines.