OFFICE OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
The goal of the Office of Research Development and Support (ORDS) is to facilitate faculty work in the advancement of science through expansion of external research funding.
ORDS is available to assist faculty with many aspects of the proposal preparation process. Some of the support ORDS provides during the pre-award phase of a grant includes:
- Assistance with Budget & Subcontract Development
- Writing of "Boiler Plate" Information on the School & the University
- Collection and formatting of Bio-sketches
- Creation of Form Pages
- Copying & Mailing (or electronic submission) of Final Grant
ORDS also provides a broad array of post-award support and services, geared to assuring the smooth running of the budgetary aspects of a grant and adherence to the funding agency's and the university's fiscal policies. Some of the support ORDS provides during the post-award phase of a grant includes:
- Assistance with Budget Implementation
- Preparation of Travel Authorizations and Travel Reimbursement
- Assurance of Payment and Billing of Subcontracts
- Facilitation of Incentive Payment to Research Subjects
- Monthly Budget Reports to Investigator
ORDS services are tailored to enhance the research capacity of the School's faculty, doctoral and postdoctoral students.