Doctor of Philosophy
"We are changing the course of nursing science. We want you to change it with us."
The ARCS® Foundation Oregon will provide two awards to two incoming PhD students this year. The award is in the amount of $6,000/year for three years for a total of $18,000.
These awards will be given to the first 2 qualified applicants to the OHSU School of Nursing PhD that matriculate into the program in Fall 2018. These funds can be combined with other potential awards to help cover your educational costs beyond tuition and fees!
Donors of the two awards are Barbara Giesy, (The Giesy Family UME Award), and Kate Joseph and Tom Murray.
ARCS® Foundation, Inc. is a national organization dedicated to supporting the best and brightest U.S. graduate and undergraduate scholars by providing financial awards in science, engineering and medical research.
Inspired and enabled by ARCS Foundation's financial support at a crucial moment in their scientific careers, ARCS Foundation's scholars are an impressive, influential and growing community.
All early applications to the PhD program will be given full consideration for an award to cover tuition, fees and a monthly stipend for the first two years of the program.
Program at a Glance
- The Ph.D. is a research-intensive degree to prepare nurse scientists.
- A Ph.D. can be completed in 3-7 years.
- Courses are taught in person on the Portland campus.
- OHSU is a health sciences campus with access to laboratories, clinical populations and research centers.
- See meet our Ph.D. faculty to learn about faculty research expertise.
- Meet our Ph.D. students to learn about their research.
- OHSU School of Nursing 2016 Ph.D. Cohort: highlighting four students. Read the article
For program specifics, Student Learning Outcomes and detailed school information, check out the School of Nursing Catalog/Student Handbook.