Doctor of Philosophy
"We are changing the course of nursing science.
We want you to change it with us."
All early applications to the PhD program will be given full consideration for an award to cover tuition, fees and a monthly stipend for the first two years of the program.
Program at a Glance
- The Ph.D. is a research-intensive degree to prepare nurse scientists.
- A Ph.D. can be completed in 3-7 years.
- Courses are taught in person on the Portland campus.
- OHSU is a health sciences campus with access to laboratories, clinical populations and research centers.
- See meet our Ph.D. faculty to learn about faculty research expertise.
- Meet our Ph.D. students to learn about their research.
- OHSU School of Nursing 2016 Ph.D. Cohort: highlighting four students. Read the article
For program specifics, Student Learning Outcomes and detailed school information, check out the School of Nursing Catalog/Student Handbook.