NURS 509BA Pharmacological Management Practicum
Pharmacological Management Practicum for Clinical Nurse Specialists or Nurse Practitioners Seeking Prescriptive Privileges
- Successful completion of pharmacology, physical assessment, and pathophysiology courses meeting OSBN Division 56 requirements
- Appropriate specialty-specific prerequisites
- Unencumbered Oregon Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner limited or full certificate
- Approval of Pharmacological Management Practicum plan and objectives by OHSU SON faculty
- OSBN limited license for prescriptive practicum
- Approval by course faculty.
Credits: 1-5 Academic or Continuing Education Credit
Students may register for academic credit or continuing education credit. The fee for the continuing education option is $900. Tuition for academic credit is the current School of Nursing graduate student tuition rate. One academic credit involves 30 practicum hours. If academic credit, the hours must be completed within the current academic term. The course may be repeated. If continuing education, hours must be completed with 20 weeks, and a certificate of completion will be given. Registration in the course is contingent upon available practicum sites. Students are encouraged to contact Helen Turner at 503 418-5138 or firstname.lastname@example.org to review the prerequisites and when determining whether to take the course for academic credit or continuing education.
- N509 Syllabus
- Oregon State Board of Nursing: http://www.osbn.state.or.us/OSBN/Advanced_practice.shtml
- Oregon State Board of Nursing application
How to Register
To apply and register for this course as a non-degree or an admitted student, please complete the following:
1. Complete the Registration Form and submit it to the OHSU registrar's office located at
OHSU Registrar's Office, L109
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR. 97239
You must indicate on your registration form the date and name of the faculty giving permission. Please note the registration dates for each term and how tuition and fees are billed through the Registrar's office.
2. For Non Admitted Students: Submit official baccalaureate degree transcripts (unless you graduated from OHSU or are registering for Continuing Education only), a Non-Degree Application Form. Also, check out the step by step instructions for non-degree status students.
3. After you register for courses, you can acquire a library barcode at this link: https://www.ohsu.edu/library/libcdapp.shtml. You will be able to use the barcode to access the library resources both on and off-site. In addition, if you are a licensed Oregon health professional, you are eligible for the services described at: http://www.ohsu.edu/library/offcampus/nonohsu.shtml.
4. Submit to the Registrar the application packet with a $60 non-refundable application fee at above address. Make check payable to OHSU
5. Complete the HIPAA and Respect at the University trainings. Go to OHSU Integrity Education and select the HIPAA and Respect at the University trainings. Keep a copy of the completion certificate for your files. FAX a copy of the HIPAA and Respect training completion certificates to Anne Rosenfeld at 503 494-7783.