Post-master's to Doctor of Nursing Practice
The following are the requirements for admission into the OHSU School of Nursing post Master's to Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Please see the international applicant web page for additional requirements if you are a resident of a country other than the United States.
It is expected that applicants to the nursing post Masters to Doctor of Nursing Practice program have an Advanced Practice Masters in Nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education.
Applicants hold a non-APN masters in nursing degree wishing to pursue a DNP in an APN role OR one of the following MS degrees would need to apply for the post-baccalaureate to Doctor of Nursing practice program.
- Must be eligible for an Oregon registered nurse license upon application.
- Must be licensed in the state of Oregon prior to matriculation.
- Must be licensed as a Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Must be licensed as an RN or have a BSN in nursing.
It is recommended that applicants hold at least one year of work experience as an advanced practice RN or as a nurse leader.
Please note students enrolled in this program must be employed at least part-time as an advanced practice nurse or in a nurse leadership role in order to meet course requirements.
Grade Point Average
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit three letters of reference as a part of the application process. OHSU prefers that applicants submit references from the following:
- A supervisor
- An instructor
- A co-worker or other
Example of Scholarly work
Applicants to the post masters Doctor of Nursing Practice program are required to submit an example of scholarly writing. This can be a published paper, thesis, or research paper used as a part of a course requirement.
- Applications are accepted online only at the application start page. This online application will include application essays as well as a printable signature page which should be printed and turned in with your application packet.
- Official transcripts: Request each college you have attended to send the official transcript(s) to you showing completions of all academic work. Do not open the envelopes in which transcripts are received. For our purpose they are official only if the seal is intact. Include all transcripts in your application packet.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Letters of recommendation should be included in your packet in signed and sealed envelopes.
- Example of Scholarly work
- A $120.00 nonrefundable application fee made payable online by credit or debit card.
2012 Doctoral Program Interview Dates
Interviews for the Post Master DNP program will be held the week of February 20-24, 2012.