OCNE B.S. Degree Prerequisite Coursework and GPA Calculation Form Instructions
Please use the prerequisite coursework form to list your 45 quarter credit hours of prerequisite courses for applying to the OCNE B.S. degree. You will be responsible for inputting your course, grade, hours, and institution for each of the required prerequisites. The Office of Admissions will compute all the calculations, including translating your courses into quarter credit hours if you took courses in semester credit hours. Your prerequisite GPA will be used to evaluate your application. Please select the coursework that best fits each required category. You are responsible for completing this form accurately and honestly.
1. The form is a writeable PDF. Please fill out by typing your information, print immediately upon completion, and return with your application packet. You CANNOT save this form or access your form after you click "submit" in your online application.
2. Complete the form on a PC, not an Apple computer/Mac. The form will NOT format correctly and is not legible if completed on a Mac. 3. Fill out the required fields on the form by typing the required information in the appropriate fields.
- Write in the course number and name/title in the "Course Number & Title" column for each class you have taken to meet the prerequisites. If you have not yet completed the course, you should indicate this by putting the course title in parentheses. In addition, please indicate the term in which you plan to complete the course ("spring" or "summer").
- Be sure to note on the form whether your institutions operate on the quarter or semester system (type "Q" or "S").
- Include course descriptions for ALL prerequisite courses you are planning to use. These descriptions should come from the institution's academic catalog for the year and semester/quarter that the courses were taken. Please include these descriptions on a separate piece of paper.
- Write in the numeric grade you received in the "Grade Received" column for each class you have taken to meet the prerequisites. The grade should be entered in points based upon your school's system of assigning GPA points. Many schools operate on the below scale, but be sure to review the back of your transcript for this information. Do NOT write in an anticipated grade for an in progress class or a grade that does not appear on your official transcript.
|If your grade is:||Grade point to enter:|
4. Information on choosing the correct coursework when filling out the form: Choose the courses in which you have done the best to meet our requirements. Some of your course selections must meet the content requirement for the specific prerequisite courses required, but the elective sections have some flexibility in terms of which courses are used. Choose only courses that are college level, that you received a "C-" or better in, and that are from accredited institutions to meet our requirements. Math 95 is the only course accepted that is not college level. 5. Some exceptions and special circumstances to note while filling out the form: If you have taken a course Pass/No Pass at an institution that does not give letter or number grades, we will accept credit taken toward prerequisite requirements. If you have taken an AP or IB test to meet the Written English/Composition and/or Math 95 or higher prerequisite requirements, we will accept such credit taken for these requirements ONLY. The exam taken must show up as credit hours toward that specific subject on an official college transcript. If you have a bachelor's degree at the time of application, you can meet the Written English/Composition requirement without taking specific writing classes. You should input your degree (BA, BS, etc.) and the date you received the degree in the "Course Number & Title" field for this section, and this will meet the requirement. No credit hours are received for this section in this case. 6. Your total number of credits should be as close to 45 quarter credit hours as possible without being under. If your total number of credit hours goes over by a few credit hours, this is fine, as classes will vary by credit hour from institution to institution. Each prerequisite category/section should not exceed the required number of credits. 7. You are responsible for accurately inputting your course, grade, hours, and institution for each of the required prerequisites. Your prerequisite GPA will be used to evaluate your application. The Office of Admissions will review your form for accuracy. Applicants can be disqualified if coursework or grades are misrepresented on this form. 8. Once completed, print and mail the completed form with your supplemental application materials packet to: OHSU School of Nursing Office of Admissions Mail Code: SN-ADM 3455 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd Portland, Ore. 97239-2941 Please send questions about this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.