Nursing Education Xchange (NEXus)
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is a member of NEXus (The Nursing Education Xchange). NEXus is collaboration between participating doctoral programs in nursing for doctoral students enrolled at member colleges and universities. Students are able to take courses that may not be offered at the student's home institution at a common price. Our NEXus staff liaison, Christina Tenorio, facilitates the registration and transcription of these courses from partner institutions.
OHSU Home Institution Students Start Here
1. Review the NEXus course catalog and check registration deadlines (these vary between programs).
2.Talk with your faculty advisor.
3. Fill out the OHSU NEXus Cover page and NEXus enrollment form.
4. Contact Christina Tenorio, email@example.com or 503-494-4168
OHSU Teaching Institution Students Start Here
Please see the OHSU Course registration and Course Completion Procedures document for information on how to enroll in a course at OHSU.
- Nexus Enrollment Form
- Registration Form
- Non-Degree Application
- Consortium Agreement (please refer to your campus coordinator)
Starting fall 2013 quarter the rate for a NEXus course is $775.00 per semester credit and is adjusted to $517.00 per quarter credit (NOTE: OHSU is on a quarter system). This fee is intended to cover all associated university fees such as technology, library, or application fees. As with all courses, you are responsible for the cost of your books and educational materials.
NEXus courses may qualify for financial aid. If you are receiving aid and plan on taking a NEXus course, please contact the Financial Aid Office to complete and route a consortium agreement (phone: 503-494-7800 or 800-775-5460).
You (the student) are responsible for meeting the registration and payment deadlines of the institution that is offering the course. In most cases, this will not coincide with OHSU calendar so advanced planning financially and academically is critical.
- Decisions about selecting a NEXus course must be made in consultation with your academic advisor/committee chair.
- Students enrolled in a NEXus course must meet all course requirements.
- Students are encouraged to contact the course faculty in advance to ensure that they understand the course requirements (for example, prerequisite courses, vacation periods, on-campus requirements, technology requirements, synchronous versus asynchronous discussions).
For assistance in registering for and enrolling in a NEXus course contact:
Campus Staff Coordinator Information: Christina Tenorio, 503 494-4168, firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Faculty Coordinator Information: Amy Ross, email@example.com http://winnexus.org for additional course information, registration deadlines and dates.