Accelerated Bachelors to Masters/DNP
The following are the requirements for admission into the OHSU School of Nursing Accelerated Bachelors to Masters/D.N.P. degree programs. Please see the international applicant web page for additional requirements if you are a resident of a country other than the United States.
- Accelerated Bachelors to Masters in Nurse Midwifery
- Accelerated Bachelors to Doctor of Nursing Practice in Nurse Midwifery
- Accelerated Bachelors to Masters in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Accelerated Bachelors to Doctor of Nursing Practice in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
It is expected that applicants to the Accelerated Bachelors to Masters/D.N.P. programs have, or will have, a Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to matriculation. Individuals with an Associate's Degree or Bachelors Degree in Nursing are not eligible to apply for this program.
Prerequisite Coursework- Each course must be complete with a grade of "B" or higher prior to matriculation
Applicants must have completed at least one term of Anatomy and Physiology at the time of application and have a reasonable plan to complete all prerequisite coursework prior to matriculation.
Human Anatomy & Physiology - A full sequence of human anatomy and physiology with laboratory, inclusive of all body systems. This sequence must be taken in its entirety. The first term of A&P must be completed prior to application to the nursing program; the full sequence must be taken prior to the first nursing course. Note: Chemistry or Biology may be required prior to the A&P sequence at some colleges/universities; please check individual college requirements.
At least one term of Anatomy and Physiology must be complete at the time of application. Applicants cannot be reviewed until a grade for this course has been received.
Nutrition - Class should cover biological functions, dietary sources of essential nutrients and the relationship of diet to health.
Human Growth and Development - The developmental process of human life covering the full life span. Courses that cover only a part of the life span will not be accepted.
Microbiology, with lab- Basic Microbiology with laboratory component
Introduction to Human Genetics - Any human biology course that includes a human genetics component and indicates this inclusion in the college catalog course description. This requirement can not be met through the Microbiology or Anatomy and Physiology courses.
Statistics - Course needs to include both descriptive and inferential components. If there is a choice between one type or another, then take the descriptive. It is not necessary to take two courses in order to get inferential statistics. Statistics may be taken in any department (e.g. Math, Psychology, Business, etc.) This course must be completed within 5 years of matriculation into the program.
Grade Point Averages
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Minimum science GPA of a 3.0 (this includes coursework from departments such as anatomy, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, physiology, etc.)
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Applicants are required to submit official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores from the general test from ETS. The OHSU School of Nursing GRE code is 4900. OHSU recommends a minimum score of 500 in each section (verbal and quantitative) as well as a minimum analytic writing score of 4.0 for the scoring scale used prior to August 2011 or a 144 in the quantitative section, 153 in the verbal section, and a minimum analytic writing score of 4.0 to be competitive.
*Applicants who already hold a graduate degree from an accredited US institution do not need to take the GRE.
Need help studying? Previous applicants have found this site helpful.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit three letters of reference using the OHSU School of Nursing Reference Form* as a part of the application process. OHSU prefers that applicants submit references from the following:
- A supervisor
- An instructor
- A co-worker or other
*The OHSU School of Nursing Reference Form is found within the online application.
- Applications are accepted online only at the application start page. This online application will include application essays, a prerequisite coursework form, as well as a printable signature page which should be printed and turned in with your application packet.
- Official transcripts: Request each college you have attended to send the official transcript(s) to you showing completion of all academic work. Do not open the envelopes in which transcripts are received. For our purpose they are official only if the seal is intact. Include all transcripts in your application packet.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- GRE Scores.
- Letters of recommendation should be included in your packet in signed and sealed envelopes.
- A $120.00 nonrefundable application fee made payable online by credit or debit card.
Please go to the transcript evaluation section
**Due to application deadlines fast approaching, the Office of Admissions will no longer be processing transcript evaluations for this program past October 24, 2011.