The Office of Learning Support can consult with instructors about writing-related concerns:
- Designing clear and effective writing assignments
- Communicating with students about writing expectations
- Incorporating writing activities into the classroom
- Encouraging development of stronger writing skills
- Conducting draft workshops
- Holding writing conferences with students
- Responding to student writing
- Developing strategies for working with writers whose first language is not English
- Developing strategies for working with writers who have significant or unusual writing difficulties
To request a consultation, please call Dr. Hill Taylor at 503 494-5452 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information about your interests:
What would you like to accomplish in our discussion?
How soon would you like to meet?
When could you meet us at our office (SON 370) or chat via AdobeConnect?
How should we contact you?