Enriched Clinical Learning Environments through Partnerships in LTC (ECLEPs)
Welcome to the ECLEPs website. This site provides numerous resources for faculty in nursing education programs and for community-based residential care organizations. We appreciate your interest in ECLEPs and invite you to use any of the materials provided here.
Thank you for your interest,
Juliana Cartwright, PhD, RN
Project Director 2008 – 2018
Key Project Staff:
Diana White, Co-Director (2008-2012); Project Evaluator (2016-18)
Tiffany Allen, Project Manager (2008 – 2012)
Kate Maresh, Project Manager (2016-2018)
Enriching Clinical Learning Experiences through Partnerships (ECLEPs)
Created in 2008, ECLEPs has provided training and resources to develop community-based residential care settings (CBRC) (e g., assisted living, residential care, nursing homes) as excellent clinical sites for nursing students to learn best practices in care of older adults. The project goal has been to build capacity to positively impact the care of older Oregonians by:
• Improving practice in community-based residential care settings.
• Providing clinical experiences focusing on older adults for nursing students.
• Improving work environments in CBRC that may lead to recruitment and retention of nurses who desire to care for this population.
Through clinical‐academic partnerships, we have created a model training and support program that provides CBRC staffs with essential knowledge and skills to enhance their practice setting and support students’ learning. At the same time, based on principles of service-learning, students have engaged with partners on a range of projects that enhance students’ skills and knowledge to be nurse leaders in a range of care settings and with diverse populations, particularly older adults.
Vital Statistics between 2007 and 2018:
• Students: 412
• Faculty: 28
• CBRC organizations: 32
• Nursing programs: 2 associate degree programs + 3 campuses of OHSU School of Nursing
• Northwest Health Foundation
• Federal Health Resources and Services Administration (D62HP06855-04-01)
• Oregon Department of Human Services Innovations Initiative (#150472)
Professional Development Activities for Academic-Clinical Partners
Learn Empower, Achieve, Produce (LEAP) Training
PHI Coaching Supervision® Seminar
Peer Networking Audio Conferences
Gerontology Nurse Certification Preparation Course (ANCC)
Livewell™ Quality Improvement Training (CareOregon)