Access to Care
Special accommodation for residents and fellows
- Each department listed below has agreed to facilitate scheduling resident appointments
- They will open up many otherwise-closed faculty schedules to residents and fellows
- To schedule an appointment, please call your chosen clinic directly (see below for details)
- Identify yourself as a resident/fellow when you call the clinic.
- If you encounter problems, a contact person is provided for each department who will generally be available to assist during regular business hours.
- View the clinics and contacts guide for resident/fellow care
Preventative and Urgent Care
- You do not need to have a problem to establish care. Get to know your doctor now, so that you have a support system in place when you need it!
- Please use your designated half-day off per quarter to schedule preventive care appointments 4-6 weeks in advance. Advanced planning is especially important if you wish to be seen by faculty.
- For urgent needs, all clinics have daily openings — they cannot guarantee that you will be seen by your PCP or even by faculty, but they can ensure quick access to excellent care!
Providers at OHSU
Family Medicine’s range of care includes pediatrics, well woman, maternity/prenatal, adult, geriatrics, sports, integrative/alternative and travel medicine, as well as performing office procedures. They have 4 clinics, each with a pharmacy and lab on site.
Department Contact: Laurie Charron firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Health and Healing, 9th Floor
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
3930 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202
Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
4411 SW Vermont, Portland, OR 97219
Mon-Thu 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.,
Sat 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
51377 Old Portland Road, Suite C, Scappoose, OR 97056
Mon-Thu 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.,
Sat 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Internal medicine offers longitudinal, comprehensive care to adults from health screening and prevention to care of complex, chronic illnesses over time.
Department Contact: Paige Perry 503 494-6385
3rd Floor Physician’s Pavilion, Suite 350
Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tue, Thurs and Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Center for Women’s Health offers comprehensive women’s care, including gynecology, obstetrics, fertility services and integrative medicine
Department Contact: Brenda Mitchell 503 418-4500, Mon-Fri
Kohler Pavilion, 7th Floor
Mon-Fri 7:40 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Pediatric and Adolescent Health Clinics offer well-child care, immunizations, care and treatment for acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, minor emergency care, management of behavioral concerns, sports physicals, adolescent health care, and women’s health services for adolescent girls.
Department contact (Marquam Hill): Cindy Harris 503 418-5701
Department contact (Westside): Mimi Cavanaugh 503 418-2494
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, 7th Floor, at the deer
Mon, Wed, Fri 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tue & Thu 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
15220 NW Laidlaw, Suite 102
Phone: 503 418-2000
Mon-Thu 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.,
Sat 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.