Graduate Medical Education is one of the central missions of Oregon Health & Science University Learn More
- 12/07/2017 Wising up to wellness
- 12/07/2017 Breakfast at Laurie's
- 12/05/2017 From the dean: Speaking up when you have something to say
- 11/16/2017 Speaking out in the face of hate
- 11/15/2017 “Data does not speak for itself … stories are our reality”
- 11/06/2017 Unfurling community to create change
- 10/31/2017 Dr. Don Girard named OMA Doctor-Citizen of the Year
- 10/31/2017 OHSU surgery residents chosen for ACGME Back to Bedside Initiative
- View all news
The Power of Difference
As the demographics of our state and country evolve, we as an institution pledge to mold a workforce that mirrors the cultural milieu.
At Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) School of Medicine, we aim to recruit, retain, and develop diverse resident physicians of the highest caliber. We believe that in order to deliver great health care, we must train culturally-competent physicians from diverse backgrounds - including members of racial and ethnic groups that are historically under-represented in medicine, individuals raised in rural environments, and people who have overcome significant social and financial disadvantages.
By weaving together a team of health care professionals
that has a varied set of perspectives, values and experiences, we will create a
welcoming environment that is inclusive and that fosters growth and innovation.
We believe in the power of difference to fulfill our academic missions!
Resident Faculty Wellness Center
OHSU offers confidential counseling specifically for residents, fellows and faculty. Contact the Resident Faculty Wellness Center (RFWP): 503 494-1208.