GME and the Department of Pediatrics host the Core Conference Lecture Series, a series of seminars on a variety of core skills.
- Social Media and Confidentiality
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiating a Contract
Core Conference Lecture Series Schedules
Please RSVP to GME
Recordings of some previous Core Conference Series presentations are available on O2.
OHSU's Graduate Medical Education Division strives to continuously improve the clinical learning environment and the training provided to all residents and fellows, and to surpass the accreditation standards of the ACGME while fulfilling the current and future healthcare needs of Oregon and beyond. These sessions are aimed at Program Directors.
- Wednesday, September 23rd 9:00am-11:00am (BICC 124)
- Wednesday, November 18th 1:00pm-3:00pm (KPV 13000A)
- Friday, January 29 9:30am-11:30am (KPV 13000A)
- Thursday, March 31 1:00pm-3:00pm (KPV 13000A)
- Friday, May 27 9:30am-11:30am (Mac Hall 4170)
Performance Excellence Week - February 8-12, 2016
Performance Excellence Week is about sharing and celebrating the hard work that we're all engaged in that better provides safe, quality, affordable care with high service.
Poster Session - February 9, 2016 5-7 p.m.
Grand Rounds - February 11, 2016 12-1:30 p.m.
Professionalism Week - November 9-13, 2015
Presentation: "Breaches of Professionalism: What Would You Do?" - November 10, 2015 12-1:30 p.m.
In order to provide recognition to the role of program coordinators in assuring the success of their training programs, GME and PC leaders have created a Certificate Program for Program Coordinators.
The Program Coordinator Professional Development program series will:
- Enhance professional development
- Improve competence with residency management software
- Expand knowledge of ACGME requirements
- Develop program leadership skills
There are three levels of certification:
- Bronze Level Courses include all of the basic topics
- Silver Level Courses are in addition to the Bronze Level Courses and include more advanced topics
- Gold Level Courses is for those program coordinators who wish a depth of knowledge that enables them to teach, help with ACGME preparation, mentorship and leadership.
Each level leads to a Certificate of Completion, with a financial incentive offered for those who complete all levels. In order to assure mastery of the topics, there will be curricula developed with a final exam for each level. For those completing all three levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold) there will be a $1000 one-time payment awarded.
Contact GME for more information.
The Welcome Mixer is a chance for all residents and fellows to kick off each academic year with music, beverages, food and mingling.